Jennifer Alosso, PsyD
Since you’re reading this to learn about the differences between obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and eating disorders, let’s find out what you know first. Look at the list below. Can you tell who is suffering from an eating disorder and who is suffering from OCD?
- Colleen can’t bring herself to eat, even though her weight is dangerously low. She just can’t be sure about what is in the food.
- Melissa cuts her chicken, as well as any other meat, into perfect half inch cubes.
- Alex enjoyed some toast with peanut butter, but was sure to leave the last bit of it on the plate.
- If Patty were only a better person, then she would deserve that ice cream after dinner.
- Dan stays away from processed foods, like chips, that are not “pure.” It’s too bad he doesn’t see his friends as much as he used too since they always go out to eat.